Sex Advice

Dear Dr. Locker: How can I cure crabs?

Answer from Dr. Locker

Crabs, also known as public lice, can be treated by applying a liquid medication or medicated shampoo to your pubic areas. Some of these can be purchased over the counter in drug stores. You do not need to shave your hair in order to treat them. You will need to disinfect your clothes and bedding, since you can become reinfected. Also, you should tell your sex partners, since you can spread crabs back and forth from sex. If you feel itching or see tiny white or clear insects or dots (eggs) in your pubic area, then you should consult a doctor to find out if you really have crabs, and to discuss the best treatment. .

Copyright © Dr. Sari Locker